Seawall/Retaining walls are one of the most important parts of the property when you live in a waterfront property.
Your sea/retaining wall provides you with the most barriers for your property, but most often ignored.
Here are some questions for your Sea/Retaining wall you should ask.
- When is the last time you looked at your seawall for damage?
- Have you had your wall examined by a professional to determine its current condition or the life expectancy?
Seawall Property Protection!
- Are you financially prepared to repair your wall if or when it fails?
Unlike a roof that leaks until you repair it – a sea/retaining wall ages slowly and gives no warning that it is failing – when it goes it can take the entire building and/or property right into the water.
A seawall/retaining wall that is properly maintained can last from 30-50 years, if not properly maintained you can expect to have to repair it in as little as 20 years. If you have not examined your seawall recently and you are unsure if it is in needs repaired…
Here are few ways to tell if your Seawall is in need of repair:
- Does your seawall cap have cracks or have any portions broken off?
- Does your wall have any deteriorating slabs?
- Are the timbers of your seawall rotting?
- Are your seawall slabs leaning?
- Are there visible rust stains on your wall?
- Is the walls stress beam(s) failing?
- Are you losing soil behind your wall?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it is time to call in a professional to repair or replace your seawall/retaining wall. Seawalls are not typically insurable, so having it properly maintained can help you avoid disastrous seawall construction cost when it fails.
Call us today for a free consultation and Free Quote to repair your seawall…it will save you in the end!
All Weather Handyman Inc.
- Commitment to excellence in our field
- Professionalism, honesty, and courteous service
- Deliver quality craftsmanship continually satisfying the customer
- Understand the customer and their needs
- Constructive networking among handyman professionals around the county
- Continuously improvement in order to better our relationships with customers