Dock Maintenance/Repair Is A Must Year Round!
Waterfront property owners are afforded a luxury view and activities that not all homeowners get to enjoy. Many have a dock that houses a boat or water-sports equipment which might leave some friends and family a little jealous! But, with those fun and playful components of your waterfront property, also comes proper and routine maintenance of your seawall or dock. I will cover seawall maintenance another Blog, so let’s talk about appropriate upkeep for your dock.
Mostly due to weather and time, all docks need routine maintenance before repairs become too costly. If your dock is not maintained regularly or properly here is a list of thing that will happen.
- Posts of your dock may erode and deteriorate (which are secured to the floor of the body of water).
- Extensive damage to wooden platforms; replacing un-treated lumber with water-treated lumber, sealing your wood, and repairing/replacing decking. If the damage is too extensive, it may cost you a pretty penny. Maintenance is the key!
Minor dock conservation can be handled by the property owner or with a property maintenance service; therefore, ensuring the cables are adjusted correctly, cleaning docks and ladders, and checking for storm damage. Also, to keep your docks looking like new simply using a power washer to remove dirt and grime.
We recommend that in order to reduce your chances of needing extensive repairs on your dock, call in a professional to routinely inspect the dock for common problems that can be easily repaired. The season for repairs is upon us when the water is lowered and access to supporting structure can be done in a more cost effective way. By doing this before summer activities begin in the spring so you can enjoy your waterfront paradise, don’t let an unsafe dock ruin your outdoor plans!
Get a free Dock Repair/Maintenance Quote, CALL or click “FREE QUOTE” today!
All Weather Handyman Inc.
- Commitment to excellence in our field
- Professionalism, honesty, and courteous service
- Deliver quality craftsmanship continually satisfying the customer
- Understand the customer and their needs
- Constructive networking among handyman professionals around the county
- Continuously improvement in order to better our relationships with customers